Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

She's Crafty

Alright Sacramento, we need to get it into gear.

We have very few handmade new-age craft fairs. I only know of Midtown Bazaar (every Saturday at I Street in between 16th and 17th) and the Whole Earth Festival in Davis (only once a year). My co-worker just introduced me to The Sacramento Craft and Flea (every 4th Sunday of the month under the W Street freeway at 21st). Haven’t been there yet, but I’m a little uneasy with the $3 entrance fee.

But what I’m looking for is epic. A new-age crafting explosion.

I’ve been waiting and waiting for July 9th and 10th for the amazing Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco. The fair started in Chicago and is now in London, Brooklyn, San Francisco, Austin and LA.

There’s also the The Finders Keepers in Australia. That would be a trip and a half.

These aren’t your grandma’s craft fair, folks. I’m talking great. It focuses on indie crafts and handmade goods. Imagine that everything you ever wanted to buy on ETSY was placed in a big room and there was good food and music to boot…and did I mention it’s FREE?

Brian’s brother, Brad, and awesome fiancĂ©e, Michaela, are getting married on the 9th. They actually let me make their wedding cake toppers and help with some of the decorations (I felt so honored and excited to help. I’ve always been a nerd when it comes to that). Part the reason I want to go to the fair is to see if the stuff I make can hang with the “big boys” of craft. My poor mind has been going non-stop on what to make and the fact they liked what I made them only showed me that I need to update the crap out of my ETSY account.

I am excited to see how I will feel about making the 2 hour drive to the city the next morning. But in the name of “craft”, I shall try.

No comments:

Post a Comment